As CSQC Manager for this iconic fashion brand you will build , oversee and perpetually improve the quality control process , repair activities, and overall product based customer service to drive business. The Japanese organization is Importing from HQ , Retailing but also Wholesaling and more importantly over 50% of the Production is managed in Japan (all the bags and some apparel pieces, sourced from Asia.
- QC PROCESS
Assess the situation upon the immediate arrival, meaning spend most of the time at the warehouse in the early stage.
Review procedures and capabilities to effectively and efficiently meet expected quality requirements.
Confirm the process after a 3 month period.
A simplified and more fluid process.
LEAD THE OPERATIONAL QC TEAM
Confirm and/or implement new QC process and team objectives
Build and manage quality control, repair, and customer service teams.
Manage Return/claims processes throughout the distribution network. Vendor interface (suppliers, CS,
REINFORCE & IMPROVE
Setting up requirements and reinforce existing QC inspection procedure and standards.
Propose and implement improvement recommendations, as appropriate.
Revise and improve the CS/QC Service Manual and Repair process guide manual.
STANDARD COMPLIANCE & SUSTAINABLE GOALS
Ensure manufacturing processes are in compliance with international standards of production (more and more linked with Sustainability)
Make sure TES certification is in place in the team.
Contributing to achieve sustainable goals (better fabrics, less defective items)
Reduction of QC related costs (transportation, Care label, third party inspections, in house inspections…) while maintaining higher levels of Quality and better organizational fluidity.
IMPROVE AND REPORT LEVEL OF QUALITY
Define a clear and exhaustive list of KPI
Support KPI with monthly reports with clear measurements to show how the quality function is improving.
PREVENT QUALITY ISSUES
Overseeing from product development stage to identify risks on production and even design stages.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Manage customer’s issues resolution processes and escalations.
Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Improve customer satisfaction
- Minimum 3 years of QC/CS management experience preferably in a RTW (Apparel) company
- Native Japanese and fluent level of English
- Quality expertise on a wide spectrum of Textile fabrics and leathers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Analytical skills coupled with the ability to effectively articulate insights and recommend actions.- Extensive Knowledge of manufacturing procedures and import buying process.
- In-depth knowledge of AQL, International chemical and physical testing standards
- EC Related Customer Service experience
- Experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing areas of responsibility and tasks to completion under strict deadlines.
- Strong organization and project-management skills, including the ability to meet demanding, evolving, and often competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Budget and cost management experience.